In order to create a view with taxonomy terms count, do the following:
- Go to admin/structure/views and create a taxonomy term view(i.e. Show=Taxonomy terms).
- (Optional) Under Filter criteria section, set the Taxonomy term: Vocabulary that you would like to use. Otherwise, it will hammer your database and return all terms.
- Go to Advanced->Relationships and add your vocabulary(i.e. Taxonomy term: Content using < YOUR VOCABULARY >)
- Under Fields section, add Content: Nid(The node ID).
- Go to Advanced->Use aggregation and set aggregation to Yes.
- Under Fields section, click on the Aggregation settings link of the Content: Nid(The node ID) and set the aggregation type to Count.
- Under Fields section, for the Content: Nid(The node ID) field, empty the label , add ( to Prefix and ) to Suffix.
- Go to Format->Show->Settings and check both as Inline fields.